Debbie’s Little Angels Childminder’s adheres to the following
We will only undertake a childminding
arrangement when the Parent/Guardian and us have both agreed and signed a
The following are details of the Terms &
Contract Document States...
- the child's name, home address, date of birth
- the name, home address and contact details of all parents/guardians
- the Childminder’s name, home address, contact details, registration
and insurance details
- details of any deposit or retainer fee paid
- details of any settling-in period
- the date of commencement and the date the contract is due to be
- the days and hours when the childcare is to take place
- the amount of fees, how and when to be paid
- details of fees for holiday, sickness and other absences
- 4 notice required for termination of contract
Childminder Agrees To...
- We will care for the Child during the contracted hours and at such
other times as may be mutually agreed.
- Comply with all the requirements of registration as laid down by
the registration body and the Children Act 1989 relevant to Registered
- Maintain appropriate insurance cover and comply with all requirements
laid down by our insurance company.
- Provide unlimited drinking water.
- Provide suitable developmental experiences appropriate to the age
and stage of development of the child.
- We will give you at least 4 weeks notice of annual holiday and as
much notice of other leave as possible. Our Holiday Letter is usually
published at the beginning of January each year, for you to plan cover or
- Notify the parent/guardian of any accident or injury occurring
whilst the child is in the care of the Childminder.
- Be available to discuss with the parent/guardian(s) the care and
development of the child, to be arranged for a mutually convenient time if
either the parent/guardian or the Childminder requests it.
- Ensure that the Child has the opportunity to take part in the local
community by joining in local activities; e.g., toddler groups.
- Inform parents as soon as reasonably possible if there has been an
illness in the household within the previous 24 hours before a contracted
period or if unforeseen circumstances prevent the Childminder being
available to care for the child to allow the Parent to make alternative
- Ensure that the Child is appropriately restrained in a safety seat
or straps according to age and weight when travelling in a car.
- Manage the Child's behaviour without the use of physical
Parent/Guardian Agrees To...
- Pay the fees in advance, on the day or before the agreed date.
- (Late payment will be subjected to a late payment fee, detailed in
- Arrive and collect the Child on time.
- Provide the following items:
- Change of clothes labelled to identify
- Set of outdoor clothes suitable for the weather eg, coat, hat,
gloves, wellington boots, sun-hat
- If applicable - baby milk & bottles, baby foods, nappies,
nappy sacks, creams, wipes, cotton wool, during hot weather days apply
sun cream before entering the setting. Etc.
- Any comfort item/favourite toy that is important to the Child,
- Must be marked clearly to
- Provide ready to eat, packed meals as required, or
- Give at least one days notice of any meals to be
provided by the Childminder (at the appropriate fee)
- Give at least 4 weeks written notice via our website or email
service (NOT by Texts) of holiday and as much notice of other
leave as possible.
- To provide as much notice as possible of any extra hours required
and accept that the Childminder may decline such requests.
- Extra Sessions/Hours booked in and then cancelled will be charged
as normal rates.
- Provide necessary information requested by the Childminder in
connection with his/her registration and notify any changes to that
- Be available to discuss with the Childminder the care and
development of the Child if so requested by the Childminder at a mutually
- Inform the Childminder if the Child has been ill outside the
contracted period and to keep the Child at home for 48 hours after
sickness and/or diarrhoea has cleared and respect the Childminder's right
to decide whether or not to accept a sick child for care. Childminder’s
cannot normally undertake the care of sick children.
- Inform the Childminder of any medicine prescribed by the Child's
doctor and give written permission for the Childminder to administer the
medicine if such administration is required. Written permission will be
required each time medicine is administered.
- Notify the Childminder at the beginning of each contracted period
of any accident or injury the Child may have suffered since last in the
care of the Childminder.
- Accept that the Childminder will not use physical punishment in the
discipline of children.
- When the Parent/Guardian collects the child(s) all Childminding
responsibilities will end and you will be in charge of your child(s).
- The Retainer is paid to us to keep the child(s) placement open to
you, E.g. During school holidays for term time only contracts and agreed
- When starting with us and (if we have an immediate vacancy but you
wish to start the arrangement at a later date) or during long periods of
absence (e.g. during school holidays, if a term-time only place is
required). This is because we can only provide care for a limited number
of children, so if we are holding a place for your child, we may lose
income by turning down another child needing the place.
- A deposit fee (usually at our normal Childminding rate) and is
Non-Refundable, this must be paid to secure a place which is being
reserved for future use.
- Our Childminder’s service can be available during the
period if required (Adequate notice must be given) and the full fee is payable
when the place is used, the deposit is not used for these sessions.
- If ‘WE’ are not able to offer the place as agreed under the terms
of the contract or varies the terms and conditions of the placement then
the retainer fee will be returned to the parent for the weeks leading up
to the original re-start date. I.e. (after a school holiday).
- If the parent decides not to take up the placement,
then we will keep the retainer fee to cover costs. The retainer may not be used
as a credit against future Childminding services.
- We require a Deposit which is Non-Refundable to Secure the
- Where the Childminder does not have a vacancy, but expects to have
a vacancy at a specified future date, it may be possible to reserve the
place with a deposit. Unlike a retainer, payment of a deposit does not
allow the place to be used because no place exists at the time the deposit
is paid. The contract should clearly state whether the deposit (or part of
it) is to be credited against future Childminding services.
- If the Childminder is not able to offer the place as agreed the
deposit will be returned in full.
- If the parent does not wish to take up the place when it is
available, the Childminder will keep the deposit. (A reminder of the
- The Deposit will only be refunded and used for the
last week of the 4 weeks termination notice to end the contract.